"I have grown to appreciate the task of helping children take better care of themselves, of each other, and of their classrooms. It's not a waste. It's probably the most enduring thing that I teach. In a world filled with global violence and threats of environmental devastation, where drugs and guns are easily available, learning to be more decent and to build caring communities is hardly a waste of time."
-Ruth Sydney Charney, Teaching Children to Care


"I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework."
-Lily Tomlin as "Edith Ann"

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Moved In!

Before:



After:






Sorry the images are hard to see. I forgot the battery charger for my camera - these are from the camera phone. I'll post more later (plus others of the school and my view of the play yard!).

These have been a busy two days. I'm still at the school gearing up for parent orientation tomorrow. I should probably head home soon since my neighbor teacher just left and I quite possibly could be the only one in the building. (My room is down a hallway with three other classrooms.) Though my classroom is starting to feel kind of homey.

I'm excited for school to start and really excited for our long meeting days to end. I've never been one who can sit in the same spot for more than 30 minutes without getting stir crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment