"I have grown to appreciate the task of helping children take better care of themselves, of each other, and of their classrooms. It's not a waste. It's probably the most enduring thing that I teach. In a world filled with global violence and threats of environmental devastation, where drugs and guns are easily available, learning to be more decent and to build caring communities is hardly a waste of time."
-Ruth Sydney Charney, Teaching Children to Care


"I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework."
-Lily Tomlin as "Edith Ann"

Thursday, October 21, 2010

First Field Trip

Well today was our first field trip of the year. Remlinger Farms. Everyone came back alive and in one piece, which was my main goal. They had fun too, which was my second. :)

We took a class photo by some hay and pumpkins. I have to admit it was kind of surreal to see a picture of just me with my 12 homeroom kids. Guess I'm a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment